We have made the decision to remove the AAM and GWO products from PSD website. These were research products, and the scientist who supported the pages has retired. We have no one currently at PSD who can support this activity.
You can access the code via this ftp link, however we cannot support the code in any way.
For those wishing to develop their own AAM products, these papers may be helpful:
- Egger J., K. M. Weickmann and K.-P. Hoinka (December 2007): Angular momentum in the global atmospheric circulation. Rev. Geophys., 45, RG4007, https://doi.org/10.1029/2006RG000213.
- Egger J. and K. Weickmann (April 2007): Latitude–Height Structure of the Atmospheric Angular Momentum Cycle Associated with the Madden–Julian Oscillation. Mon. Weather Rev., 135 (4), 1564-1575, https://doi.org/10.1175/MWR3363.1.
- Weickmann K. and E. Berry (February 2007): A Synoptic–Dynamic Model of Subseasonal Atmospheric Variability. Mon. Weather Rev., 135 (2), 449-474, https://doi.org/10.1175/MWR3293.1.
Monitoring of Global Atmospheric Angular Momentum (AAM) Budget
- DAILY DATA
- Vertically-integrated 5-day running mean: 1968-1997 Climatology
- Plots show some of the features: MJO, SUB-MONTHLY, & RAPID TRANSITIONS.
- ( Plots contain data through (MM/DD/YYYY) = 12/04/2016 )