Restrictions | Details | Caveats | File Naming | Citation | References | Original Source | Contact
CPC Global Daily Temperature
- Updated daily
|Variable||Statistic||Level||Download File||Create Plot/Subset|
|Daily Maximum Temperature||Daily Long Term Mean||Surface||tmax.day.ltm.nc|
|Daily Minimum Temperature||Daily Total||Surface||tmin.yyyy.nc|
|Daily Minimum Temperature||Daily Long Term Mean||Surface||tmin.day.ltm.nc|
- This data set is used for verification by NOAA/CPC. The data is global GTS data and is gridded using the Shepard Algorithm. The values are the max/min for 6Z-6Z.
- Real-time values change change before N days.
- [tmax,tmin].yyyy.nc for daily (In directory: /Datasets/cpc_global_temp/)
- [tmax,tmin].time.statistic.nc for daily long term means (In directory: /Datasets/cpc_global_temp/)
Dataset Format and Size:
- PSL standard NetCDF about 89 Mbyte netCDF4 file for each yearly file.
- Please note: If you acquire CPC Global Temperature data products from PSL, we ask that you acknowledge us in your use of the data. This may be done by including text such as CPC Global Temperature data provided by the NOAA/OAR/ESRL PSL, Boulder, Colorado, USA, from their Web site at / in any documents or publications using these data. We would also appreciate receiving a copy of the relevant publications. This will help PSL to justify keeping the CPC Global Temperature data set freely available online in the future. Thank you!
- Description of Dataset from CPC
- Contact CPC (e-mail address in description link above)
- NCEP/Climate Prediction Center
- From CPC's FTP directories.
Physical Sciences Laboratory: Data Management
Boulder, CO 80305-3328
- Climate Datasets: By Category
- Climate Indices
- Search Datasets
- 20th Century Reanalysis