Dr. Lisa Bengtsson is a research scientist at the Physical Sciences Laboratory (PSL) of the NOAA Earth System Research Laboratories (ESRL) in Boulder Colorado. She leads the Model Development Team in the Model Development and Data Assimilation Division (MDAD). She joined NOAA ESRL PSL in 2017, most recently from the research branch of the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (SMHI) where she worked between 2006-2017. Dr Bengtsson's research is focused on improving operational numerical weather forecasts across a range of scales through the development of physical stochastic and deterministic parameterizations, and is actively involved in the development of NOAA's Unified Forecast System.
- Convective parameterizations
- Stochastic physics
- Cellular automata
- Modeling of physical processes
- B.S., Atmospheric Science, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA, 2005
- M.S., Atmospheric Science, Stockholm University, Sweden, 2006
- Ph.D., Atmospheric Science, Stockholm University, Sweden, 2012