Barb leads Communications at NOAA's Physical Sciences Laboratory. After earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, she followed a different career path that now includes writing, editing, graphics and web design, photography, and videography. For most of her nearly 30 years with NOAA, she has worked with researchers and other outreach and communications professionals to inform a variety of audiences about the important science PSL and NOAA pursue to achieve safer communities and a more resilient environment.
- B.A., Political Science, University of Colorado, 1988
- Certificate, Web Site Design, CU-Boulder, Apr 2004
- NOAA Research Communications Team, Member
- NOAA Boulder Outreach Coordinating Committee, Member
- NOAA Boulder Editorial Board, Member
Honors and Awards
- NOAA Silver Sherman Award, December 2017